Friday, October 24, 2014

28 Days A Pescetarian| Day 2

Hello everyone! So I am now on Day 3 as a Pescetarian. I am glad to report that it hasn't been hard at all. It's actually been quite fun trying out new recipes, and I have been feeling a lot lighter lately. I weighed myself  last night, and I noticed that within the past 3 days of this diet, that I've lost a total of 4 lbs. I'm guessing that's mostly water weight though. It's really easy for me to lose weight once I start eating healthy, but just as easily as I lost it I can easily gain weight back by straying away from my diet for even the shortest amount of time. I've done this time and time again. I'm a yo-yoer when it comes to weight. I still think back to once upon a time ago when I wore a size 4 lol, MAYBE I CAN GET BACK TO THAT (silently prays for 10 seconds) ...

Okay I'm back! Anyway, since I've been paying more attention to my diet I've noticed that I haven't been snacking as much on junk-food like Doritos; which happens to be one of my favorite snacks - along with Wise Crunchy Cheez Doodlez, Cheetos, and anything cheesy basically haha! I also love Funyuns, but that's a whole 'nother blog post! I've been snacking a lot more on rice crackers and lighter, low calorie snacks since I've started this diet. And again, they aren't bad! They actually taste good! With all of that said, let's get into my meals of Day 2!

Breakfast:

Seedless Grapes.
So for breakfast I had a small bowl of grapes and some water. My breakfast was really light this day, because again I had to rush out of the door to class. I was back home about 2 hours later, so this sustained my energy for the short time that I was away. 

Lunch

Water, Dark Rye Bread, Hazelnut Spread, Blanched Almonds and Organic Strawberries.
For lunch I had Dark Rye Bread, Hazelnut Spread, Blanched Almonds and Organic Strawberries. Basically my breakfast from the day before. I made this again because my strawberries were going bad so quickly I HAD to use them up. 

I still ended up throwing away a good amount of strawberries that had already molded. Does anyone else have this problem with organic strawberries? That's all I buy, so I don't know how other strawberries react after purchase. I'm going to have to look into this, because these strawberries were only about four days old.

Anyway, this meal was nice and filling because again I had a long day after this. I spent the rest of my day buying new camera equipment, filming set ups, I mean the whole works. It was exhausting! Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention how I'm on the hunt for a NEWER car. Key word NEWER lol, not necessarily new. I'm saving the NEW for when I'm done with school and I am successful at my future endeavors. Don't get caught in the hype of others life, save your coin, SAVE YOUR COIN! Let's move on from that though and get into Snacks and Dinner ;).


Snack One

KA-ME Rice Cracker with Hazelnut Spread.

You're not having Deja Vu! I snacked on some of my KA-ME rice crackers and Hazelnut Spread again while I made dinner. To be honest, I got into dinner kind of late. I got all caught up doing yesterday's blog post, not to mention Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder. That's the reason this blog post is going up so much earlier than yesterday's. I don't want a repeat!

So are you ready to see what I had for dinner? Well here we go!

Dinner

Salmon Sliders with Eggplant Fries.

Looks yummy right? WRONG! For dinner I had Salmon Sliders on Whole Wheat Slider buns with Eggplant Fries (see recipe for eggplant fries HERE ). Sliders, for those who aren't familiar with the term, are mini burgers. So I basically made mini Salmon Burgers.

Now this is where I would normally put the recipe and steps for the Salmon Burgers, but they came out "not so great" in my opinion. I added too much salt to the salmon and sauce. A disaster! So I'm going to attempt this meal again. And when I get it just right, I'll list the recipe and steps in a separate blog post. I'm pretty sure I'll be making salmon burgers again very soon, so don't fret if you're interested.

Here's a pic of the sauce. It was made with Plain Greek Yogurt, Dill and (too much) SALT.


I definitely ruined this meal for myself trying to watch Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder, as I cooked. Next time I'm going to prep my food ahead of time, like I usually do. I didn't even finish the first burger as you can see below. I cooked and gathered my food to finally relax, sit down and finish watching How To Get Away With Murder, but instead left with a sour mouth. Not from the show, but the sliders! I got halfway through the first slider before I quit. But as usual, the eggplant fries were ON FLEEK! There were only crumbs left where they laid. 

Check it out below:

Unfinished Business. Salmon Sliders & the now Non-Existent Eggplant Fries.

Snack Two:

Later that night, because I didn't actually get to enjoy my meal, I snacked on some BIN-BIN Rice Crackers before finally heading off into bed.

BIN-BIN Rice Crackers.

I love these little sweet & sour snacks!

And that folks sums up Day 2 of "28 Days A Pescetarian" !

-Love




No comments:

Post a Comment