Thursday, October 23, 2014

28 Days A Pescetarian | Day 1

Breakfast


For breakfast, (which I ended up having at lunch time because I got so overwhelmed with work and school) I had Dark Rye Bread, with Kroger's Hazelnut Spread, Blanched Silver Almonds, and sliced strawberries. I chose Kroger's brand of Hazelnut spread over Nutella's because it has less calories, and they use skim milk vs whole milk in the ingredients.

I didn't have much time for snacking, because I had to handle errands all day. One of which included grocery shopping. That's actually where I found my next snack, Bin-Bin Rice Crackers! They were such a nice little pick me up until dinner.

Snack 1:




As you can tell from the name. they are rice-based. And although they look like cookies, they aren't exactly sweet. They have the whole sweet&sour thing going on with them. They still tasted yummy though. I had two, which is how many come in each little package inside of the bag.

Dinner



For dinner I had Eggplant Fries. Yes, Eggplant Fires. And boy were they good! This was my first time trying them, and I loved it! Recipe, as well as pics of each step is below.

Ingredients

1 eggplant
Breadcrumbs
1 egg
Grated Parmesan
Salt
Oregano
Cayenne Pepper
Olive Oil

Step 1: Cut eggplant in half and into sections.


Step 2: Cut eggplant into slices, as you would french fries.



Step 3: Take one egg, and add 1 tsp of salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper to it. Then mix.

Step 4: Add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, and a 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese into a separate bowl; mix.


Step 5: Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
Step 6: Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet with olive oil, and place eggplant fries on to sheet.
Step 7: Set oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and place sheet in oven for 10-15 mins or until crispy.


Results

These were so delicious!


For dip I used an organic pasta sauce instead of a marinara sauce, which is usually used with this meal. I also added a dash more of Parmesan over the fries, but not much.


Snack 2


For a snack I had rice crackers again, but a different kind. Ka-Me Rice Crackers. These were about the size of a half dollar, really thin, and light. I believe 16 of these crackers, were a little under 150 calories. I also added just a touch of Hazelnut spread to them, which made them a really great dessert.


 So, that concludes 28 Days A Pescetarian | Day 1

- Love





No comments:

Post a Comment